The school recognises that it is necessary to have appropriate levels of sanction in place to help students achieve expected standards of behaviour within the school environment.
Sanctions are necessary to provide a safe learning environment for all students and to prevent any student from disrupting the education and learning opportunities of other students.
All incidents of inappropriate behaviour that appears to breach any of our school rules, will be investigated and documented and a report held on the student’s personal file.
Sanctions are detailed in the attached document and, as can be seen, will be escalated as necessary should levels of behaviour not improve.
Parents will ALWAYS be contacted regarding any infringements (Level 2 or above) of the expected standards of work and behaviour when disciplinary action is taken.
Detention will be held every day at 12.30 p.m. However, this is subject to change at the discretion of the School. Work will be set for students to complete during detention.
STATEMENT WITH REGARD TO BULLYING
Bullying is behaviour of an individual or group, usually repeated over time, that intentionally hurts another group or individual either physically or emotionally. Bullying can take many different forms but NO form of bullying will be tolerated.
If you have any query with regard to the Disciplinary Policy please do not hesitate to contact the Office.
Sanctions for level 1 infringements to this policy can include:
Letter home; telephone call to parents; detention; carrying out a specific task set by a teacher; missing part or all of break.
Failure to comply with the following will be considered a level 1 infringement:-
- Students MUST be on time for registration at 08.45 a.m.
- Students MUST bring the correct equipment and books to all lessons.
- Students MUST complete all homework tasks on time. Parental letter for non-compliance is required.
- Students MUST behave appropriately whilst in and around the school premises. Students MUST NOT show inappropriate affection in front of other students, staff, parents or visitors to the school.
- Students MUST NOT disrupt lessons or prevent other students from working.
- Students MUST respect the school environment and MUST not drop litter or deface school property, including desks.
- Swearing and inappropriate language is NOT acceptable and students should be polite and courteous to students and staff at all times.
- Refusal to follow instructions from a member of staff or challenging requests/instructions from a member of staff.
- Any other behaviour that the School deems as inappropriate behaviour or attitude.
Five repeated infringements will move a level 1 sanction to a level 2 sanction.
Sanctions for level 2 infringements to this policy can include:
Letter home; telephone call to parents; detention; carrying out a specific task set by a teacher; missing part or all of break; internal report for +/- 5 days; internal suspension +/- 3 days.
Failure to comply with the following will be considered a level 2 infringement:-
- Students MUST always wear the correct school uniform. A uniform list is provided to parents and MUST be adhered to.
- Students MUST NOT use school ICT equipment unless as part of a supervised lesson or with express persmission from the ICT teacher.
- Students MUST respect school ICT equipment and not damage, break or change any settings on the computer.
- Students MUST NOT absent themselves from class or assembly without permission from a teacher.
If a student has been on internal suspension they will be placed on report for 5 days following completion of suspension period.
Three repeated infringements will move a level 2 sanction to a level 3 sanction.
Sanctions for level 3 infringements to this policy include the following:
Detention; meeting with parents; internal report for +/- 5 days; internal suspension +/- 5 days; external suspension; exclusion.
Failure to comply with the following will be considered a level 3 infringement:-
- Students MUST NOT bring alcohol, cigarettes, drugs or weapons into school.
- Violent behaviour towards any member of staff or student will NOT be tolerated at any time.
- Theft or deliberate vandalism of school property or property belonging to another student.
- Harassment; prejudicial, racist, sexist and homophobic comments will NOT be tolerated.
- Mobile telephones and/or electronic devices, including i-pods and mp3s, are NOT allowed on school premises. Any device will be immediately confiscated and placed in the office awaiting parent collection at the end of the school day. N.B. There are exception to this for students who require laptops in school to complete coursework, but parents will be advised in writing that this is the case and when they need to be brought to class.
- Swearing or using abusive language to a teacher is NOT acceptable.
If a student has been on internal or external suspension they will be placed on report for 5 days following completion of suspension period.